The following represents a comprehensive summary of road maintenance work taking place this Summer season. Due to the recent high temperatures and the Town’s concern for the health and safety of those working on the paving projects, the chip and fog seal resurfacing projects have been delayed slightly. At this time we are anticipating that the work will be completed by June 27th. Dates below have been changed to reflect this new target date.
Arterials - repairs, chip and fog seal resurfacing
• Nogales Hwy from Pima Mine Road to just north of Sahuarita Blvd
• Nogales Hwy from El Toro to Calle Valle Verde
Start: June 12th
Complete: June 27th (final striping 6/30)
Traffic impacts: Minimal, will try to keep speed limit at 45 mph, work moves quickly, with small traffic shifts east and west. The only exception will be at the Pima Mine Bridge, where there will be flaggers or a pilot car to get traffic through one lane. This will only be for a few hours.
Collectors - chip and fog seal resurfacing
• Twin Buttes, La Canada to the railroad crossing (also repair of broken road edges)
• Camino Suenos de Sahuarita , La Canada to Avenida Santo Tomas
• Alpha Avenue, Beta Intersection to Duval Road
• Via Rancho Sahuarita, Sahuarita Road to south of the second Post Office driveway
Start: June 20th
Complete: June 27nd (final striping 6/30)
Traffic impacts: Minimal, work moves fast and can shift traffic without lane loss or speed limit change. One exception may be at Twin Buttes, depending on width, if needed a pilot car will be provided to assist traffic.
FALL PAVMENT PRESERVATION PROGRAM
- Residential …details soon
TRAFFIC SAFETY PROGRAM
Intersection Improvements - addition of turn lanes
• Rancho Sahuarita and Camino Rancheria
• Rancho Sahuarita and Camino Rancho Tierra
• Rancho Sahuarita and Camino Rancho Caliente