Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19 in Arizona, Governor Doug Ducey today renewed Executive Order 2020-27 from April 9. The order closes bars, gyms, movie theaters, water parks, and river tubing operations. The order starts at 8 p.m. on June 29.
You may read both executive orders on the Arizona State Governor’s website: Executive Order 2020-42; Executive Order 2020-27
This order is in effect with a targeted but tentative reopening date of July 27. The order will be enforced by local public health officials and other local authorities with penalties left up to individual jurisdictions.
The order also affects the following:
- Indoor and outdoor public events of more than 50 persons will be prohibited unless the city, town, or county has approved the event and only if physical distancing is implemented
- No new special event licenses by Department of Liquor Licensing and Control
- Public pools (municipal pools, hotels, etc.) shall prohibit groups larger than 10 from congregating together; private pools (multi-family housing, other privately owned facilities) may remain open with signage regarding physical distancing & no groups of larger than 10 persons
- Delays first day of school tentatively to August 17; this decision will be reevaluated as we approach that date
- In order to reopen, establishments must attest to adhering to public health guidelines